Aloha Orchestra ‘Ohana,
It is with regret that I inform you that we will have to cancel our proposed Spring Orchestra Camp. As you all know, there were difficulties in coming up with dates that would accommodate Mr. Miyamura’s schedule, with the result that we had to postpone more than once — I was looking at moving the camp one more day later even as recently as yesterday, based on a phone conversation with Mr. Miyamura. Now, having come to Spring Break, the administrators whose approval we would need in order to proceed are not available. I apologize for the confusion. If I had gone ahead with the approval process earlier despite the doubts about dates and conductor, it is possible that we would have been able to change the dates as needed, even this week, but that is now water under the bridge.
Students, when you return to class next Wednesday we can discuss possibilities of yet another rescheduling, though I am not optimistic. Meanwhile I’m sorry to disappoint you, but it just didn’t work out this time.
Better luck next time.